As our Sous Chef you will work together with the Kitchen Management Team & Operations team to maintain standards set by the Compass Group.
This new and exciting opportunity allows an experienced Chef to display our quality catering offerings for conferences, awards dinners, exhibitions and much more.
We pride ourselves on offering sustainable, healthy, and tasty options for our clients. You will be able to work within our team to help produce quality food, with good time management, and be able to follow brand standards.
As a conference centre our main hours for catering are Monday to Friday, with occasional large events at weekend and evenings throughout the year; often providing more unique food offerings. What we'll give:
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week - mainly working Monday - Friday during the daytime, some weekends will be required dependent on bookings
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash policy
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free parking
- Discounted rates on Venues Collection rooms
Kettering Conference & Exhibition Centre, part of The Venues Collection, is a contemporary purpose-built event, exhibition and conference centre, located in the Heart of England, Northamptonshire.
With an array of meeting rooms and spaces to accommodate from five to 2,000 people, options include a conference auditorium, the Lighthouse Theatre, which has 500+ tiered seating and an Arena which provides 2,000m2 of exhibition space which can also accommodate larger conferences, product launches and esports gaming events. We are also the ideal premises for training courses and offer indoor team building activities within our space. More about the role:
Who you are:
- Ensure the Kitchen hygiene standards are without exception adhered to
- Ensure all cost are kept in line with the Kitchen budgets agreed by the company
- All food provided and displayed is of consistent good quality, reflecting Compass Group brand standards
- Anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction
- Prepare, cook and serve food as specified by the Group Chef and to ensure that the food meets the appropriate specification
- Assist the Head Chef/Group Chef to supervise the Commis Chefs in all food preparation and food production in all kitchens
- Monitor the temperature, quality and portion size of all food served from the Kitchen areas
- Ensure good communication throughout the Kitchen department at all times
- Accept deliveries and report to HOD any discrepancies
- Ensure the effective control of refrigeration and dry store goods to ensure that there is no waste
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility are kept sanitised and free from dust and debris at all times, following, strict and pre-agreed cleaning schedules.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to and implemented within the department
- Comply with any reasonable request from the management team or your Head of Department
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need to control operating costs and energy conservation
- Participate in the weekly stock count at your Line Manager's request, and to action any discrepancies immediately
- Undertake all budgetary controls to achieve budgeted gross profit. Consideration given to stock control and rotation, purchasing, price and portion control, and wastage
- Assist the Head Chef/Group Chef in ensuring HACCP is in place to ensure due diligence
You will be ambitious, confident, and resilient, someone who take a hands-on approach and enjoys leading a talented brigade.
You will have a real passion for fresh ingredients and enjoy creating stunning dishes time and time again, with a proven track record in high quality environments.
Confidence is key with the ability to demonstrate your own style with finesse and flair and illustrate how you keep pace with food trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu and food offers.
We have a guest first approach and you will showcase how you are able to adapt style to a broad range of experiences.
You will be commercially minded with evidence of successfully managing costs in line with exceptional delivery and evidence experience of supervising or managing people.
Who we are:
- City and Guilds 706/2 or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene/level 2
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.