Sous Chef - Knebworth House - Stevenage
Up to £30,000 per annum
5 over 7 days
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at the River Cottage at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to lead our dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious unit.
As the Sous Chef you will be an ambassador for RA Venues for all things food related, striving to innovate the food offer and keeping abreast of current food trends and remaining competitive with any food offer in terms of food quality, presentation and style.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Sous Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary More about the role:
Who you are:
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering all employee dining along with an extensive range of pop ups.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality and innovation
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- The Sous Chef along with Head Chef will be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
Who we are:
- Proven experience in a role as Sous Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a big personality' .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.