Sous Chef - Twycross
Up to £24,000 per annum
5 Over 7 Days
Must be driving
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at the River Cottage at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Sous Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious contract based on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire border.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside Head Chef and General Manager. More about the role:
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
Who you are:
- The Sous Chef Chef will help Head Chef in planning and organising the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- Maintaing all H&S and Food Safety Policies
- Stock taking and ordering
Who we are:
- Proven experience in a role as Sous Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a big personality' .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.