5 out of 7 days
Fantastic venue in the heart of London
Levy Restaurants UK have an excellent opportunity available for a Sous Chef to work in the Sauce/Larder section at the QEII Centre based in the heart of Westminster with fantastic views of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
The QEII centre is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in central London, offering world class facilities for high profile conferences, conventions, exhibitions, awards dinners and corporate events with capacity for up to 2,500 and hosting over 400 events a year. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- To assist the Head Chef in producing meals and services within the required deadlines
- Assist in the smooth running in the kitchen from day to day, communicating effectively with all departments, to deliver an overall smooth service
- Meeting the company standards, complying with the Levy Restaurants vision and values
- To prepare and cook sufficient food to meet customer's needs
- To work with the head chef in planning menus, the costing of these menus, ensuring the operation is run cost effectively and meeting relevant targets
- To assist in completion of all relevant paperwork; production and wastage sheets, cleaning records, food hygiene regulations and all other relevant papers
About The Company
- Experience running the sauce/larder section of a kitchen.
- Experience in high volume catering
- Exceptional culinary skill set with a focus on sauce
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Passion for fresh produce and the latest food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.