This is a unique opportunity to work within an exciting culinary racing venue, with a diverse working environment covering 9 kitchens within the Rowley Mile Racecourse, and 12 kitchens across the July Racecourse; all with their own unique style of food and service where you will be able to experience all types of catering from fine dining to large hospitality events, whilst ensuring we provide our customers with a great guest experience.
Your day-to-day tasks will cover all elements of the catering operation, from planning to execution of both office and kitchen work, although you will be working within a busy environment, we do strive to ensure a good work life balance. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £31,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 5 over 7 days during racing calendar
- Parking onsite
- Free lunches/dinner during work hours
- Free tickets to racing and music events
- You will have experience of working alongside and deputising for the Head Chef in a busy kitchen providing a high volume of quality food preparation across 7 days, ideally with experience of large venue catering for a range of conference, exhibition and live entertainment market
- Under the supervision of the Head Chef and General Manager, you will be involved in menu planning and costings, training Junior Chefs and other kitchen staff, and be committed to assisting the Head Chef in the delivery of key performance indicators such as gross profit levels, wage costs in the kitchen and customer satisfaction
- This position will require the skills of a dedicated professional who has the imagination, flair and commitment to assist in the building of an already established food venue
If you are ready for the next stage in your career, looking for a hands on role, working for a world leader in legendary experiences and partnering with the largest commercial horse racing organisation in the UK, then please contact us for a further confidential discussion regarding this opportunity. Who you are:
Who we are:
- You will play a pivotal role in the kitchen and must be quick-thinking, adaptable and calm under pressure. You will be ambitious, confident, and resilient, someone who take a hands-on approach and enjoys leading a talented brigade
- You will have a real passion for fresh ingredients and enjoy creating stunning dishes time and time again, with a proven track record in high quality environments
- Confidence is key with the ability to demonstrate your own style with finesse and flair and illustrate how you keep pace with food trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu and food offers
- We have a guest first approach and you will showcase how you are able to adapt style to a broad range of experiences
- You will be commercially minded with evidence of successfully managing costs in line with exceptional delivery and evidence experience of supervising or managing people
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.