The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, known locally as the "Caley", was built in 1903 and is one of Edinburgh's most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle. Its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Click on the link to view our General Manager presenting the hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gj0GqSanUA&t=35s
Working as a Spa Guest Service Agent, the pay on offer is £10.20 per hour (plus gratuities which are shared across the team/ and you will also be included in our fantastic upselling program).
As a permanent contracted Team Member, you will enjoy time and a half for any overtime, including bank holidays.
Please note this is a part time opportunity working 24 hours a week.
At the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, we are proud to guarantee every team member at the hotel a UK HILTON minimum wage of at least £10 per hour!
In the event of relocation from a different part of the UK or further, we can offer comfortable en-suite accommodation, on property until you find your new home (subject to availability).
12 and more reasons to love working at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian as a Spa Guest Service Agent?
- Personal Development programmes for every level
- The world is yours - we will support you with a promotion within your own department or a step within a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Working in an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Regular parties and outing for the whole hotel or your
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties in more than 100 countries. If you love a city break or relaxing on the beach for forty-five pounds, a night there is a hotel to inspire everyone to travel with GO HILTON. You can also extend discounted room rates to your Family & Friends
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our hotel's outlets
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
- Life insurance - the level of cover provided is a multiple of your base salary
- Your wellbeing is our priority. We are proud to offer 24-hour employee assistance programme that you would be able to contact which offers support and advice
- Personal membership to Hilton Marketplace (Perks at Works) offering a
wide range of retail discounts, including cinema tickets, supermarket discounts and many more
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of magnificent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
How will you enjoy your day at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of guest service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
As a Team Member for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian you are responsible for overseeing your department to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the True Waldorf Service Standards.
- Ensuring the satisfaction and loyalty of guests / customers by optimal service taking account of the established standards.
- Providing Fitness programs for our Guests and members.
- Updating our Fitness board with new training ideas and innovative plans.
- Efficient and friendly support to other Team Member within own and other departments
- Providing a safe environment for our guests and Team Members at all times
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the resort's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in the spa environment on a daily basis.
- To ensure immaculate presentation of Fitness centre, pool deck and change rooms, ensuring brand standards are not only met but exceeded at all times.
- To ensure adequate levels of towels, products and amenities are available in each treatment room
- To 'open'
the spa in the morning, cleaning all areas, opening treatment rooms if required
- To 'close' the spa at night, closing all treatment areas if required
Who are we looking for?
- As our future Team Member you will show:
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ambitious and hard working
- Good communication and excellent grooming standards
- A passion for luxury brands
- Excellent retail skills
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and to giving you the opportunity to work with our fantastic Managers, who can coach and develop you in achieving your personal goals in your future hospitality career.
We are open to confidential conversations with candidates about the role as part of the application and
recruitment process. Please mention this in your CV/ covering letter when applying online if this is something you would like.