Join Mondly, one of the leading language learning platforms worldwide, in our mission to revolutionize language education. With innovative technology and engaging gamified content, we have won the trust of over 100 million users globally. Our core values, from development to design, marketing, and language courses, are anchored in innovation.
We lead the industry with cutting-edge technology such as VR, AR, and AI integrated into our core products, earning accolades like "Best New App" by Apple, "App of the Year" in EMEA by Facebook, "Editors' Choice" by Google, and "Best Apps of 2020" by Huawei.
Be a part of our team as we empower people to achieve confident language skills in just months. Our award-winning app teaches 41 languages to users from 190 countries in 40+ languages, making Mondly a leader in language education.
About the position
As Senior Product Designer for Mondly's B2B product suite, you will be leading ideation, execution and visual strategy for Mondly Works and Mondly Professional, bridging the gap between the consumer application and the corporate, institutional and government B2B customers who use Mondly. With your expertise in product design and passion for language learning in business contexts, you will bring your experience to the table and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product management and company leadership to design a cutting-edge B2B experience. Your deep understanding of B2B design principles, user experience design, and product design will help guide and inform decision-making and drive innovation at all levels of the company. With your leadership and collaboration skills, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of education and learning at Mondly.
- Lead conceptual design tasks and product discovery on new features and products
- Define the gestures and interactions of the next generation of learning: Haptics, Sounds, mobile, VR, AR, MR and AI-enabled products
- Demonstrate ability to lead user research
- Work from a company-wide design system and craft beautiful product experiences
- Collaborate with product management and analytics teams to understand user needs and drive product strategy.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure that designs are technically feasible and delivered on time.
- Contribute to the development of design systems and processes, helping to ensure consistent and high-quality design outcomes.
- Present design concepts and prototypes to stakeholders, including company leadership, and lead design discussions and decisions.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest VR and MR technologies, design trends, and best practices, and bring this knowledge to bear in your work.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams across the company to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for users.
- Contribute to the development and execution of company-wide design initiatives and projects.
- Craft pixel-perfect designs and prototypes
- Build a strong connection with the user-base and understand what the needs are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, HCI, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in product design, ideally with a focus on EdTech
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience in designing and launching successful EdTech products.
- Deep understanding of design principles, including motion and interaction design.
- Experience with Figma
- Experience working with large-scale design systems
- Strong ability to think holistically about user experiences and design systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and analytics.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills, with experience leading and guiding other designers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present design concepts and prototypes to stakeholders.
- Passion for learning and EdTech, and a desire to shape the future of these industries.
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and Google's Material UI, and a strong understanding of design principles for VR and MR user interfaces.
- Belief in Mondly's mission to create a world where learning new languages is enjoyable and accessible to everyone with access to a smartphone
What's in it for you?
- Attractive compensation package, including competitive salary and bonus structure.
- Opportunities to collaborate and learn from tech leaders from top and innovative companies.
- Flexibility to work from any location, offering a great work-life balance.
- Generous vacation policy that allows for work-life balance and personal time off.
- Daily challenges and opportunities to make a significant impact on millions of users and shape the future of learning.
- A dynamic and fast-paced work environment that encourages growth and personal development.
- Opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies and be at the forefront of the language learning industry.
- A supportive and collaborative team culture that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork.
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: English Language Learning
Req ID: 13055