SSC Accounts Payable Scanning Coordinator
Location: Portsmouth, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: £19,000 - £20,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Accounts Payable Coordinator at Portsmouth.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The Accounts Payable Coordinator role is based within our Corporate Services business area.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers
The difference our new Accounts Payable Coordinator will make
As an Accounts Payable Coordinator, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. With your excellent attention to detail, analytical thinking and high organisational skills, you'll be a great addition to our team.
Day to day, you'll provide general support to the Accounts Payable Team, predominately supporting the invoice loading activities. These activities include all invoice scanning and uploading into SAP and Omnidox, as well as managing exceptions.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role requires regular travel to Portsmouth two to three days per week alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub.
You will need experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
You will also need the following:
- Ability to present and explain data clearly/concisely and work effectively under pressure.
- Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in respect to the work undertaken.
- Experience in using SAP is desirable.
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Pension members - death in service 4 times base salary
- Paternity - 2 full weeks pay
- Maternity & Adoption leave - 20 weeks full pay - 13 weeks SMP
- CSP - Up to 5 years service - 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service - 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus - 52 weeks full pay
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 11th August 2022