What's in it for you
Being a part of M&S is exactly that - becoming a part and playing your part. We're an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and food.
- A first-class welcome to M&S with a tailored induction and a wide range of training schemes to help with your learning and development. Having options to progress is something we're proud of at M&S.
- Attractive annual bonus, based on company performance and personal objectives.
- Competitive holiday entitlement with the potential to buy extra holiday days!
- Amazing perks and discounts via our M&S Choices website. Including GymSave - that offers up to 25% off Gym Memberships and the option to become an M&S Shareholder using our ShareSave & ShareBuy Schemes
- Charity Volunteer Day - A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity.
- A very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Every colleague at M&S has access to a fantastic range of wellbeing support - this includes access to our 24/7 Virtual GP, PAM Assist to support you & your family as well as many other schemes
What you'll do
Your key accountabilities will include
- Build and maintain high-quality, reliable software and own it with a high degree of automation in the cloud.
- Own sophisticated tasks in the backlog and deliver them routinely with no significant issues.
- Develop/improve M&S standard frameworks and policies, ensuring that they are understood and adopted.
- Support other specialists to produce clean, quality code through code reviews and pair programming.
- Drive DevOps practices to automate the Product development life cycle and solution through experimentation and innovation as a culture
- Support the technical platform out of hours as a member of the support rota.
- Contribute and build Product Group objectives and key results and demonstrate responsibility for the entire team's teams' objectives as well as coach, mentor and develop by providing the knowledge and assets to less expert engineers.
- Own the measurement and improvement of software development metrics.
- Help to lead continuous learning and improvement for the Products and Product health related to quality and stability as well as approach, contribute and help lead product planning and roadmap with an agile mentality.
- Promote technology, innovation, values, and ways of working within the team and wider community.
- Active participation and contribution to Communities of Practice with a focus on positive momentum
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include
- GraphQL & Federation
- Database Technologies including MySQL, MongoDB and AzureSQL
- Reporting built with MS SSRS and PowerBI
- CI/CD using GitHub Actions, SonarCloud, Nexus
- Microservice architecture
- Azure Cloud
- Event Streaming Platform with Kafka
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That's why we're revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There's never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.