Location: Weston-super-MareClose Date: Thursday 24th October
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world's most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We're always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2. What do the team do?
Our stores are the direct link between our customers and the wider business and span from Scotland to the South West and across to Northern Ireland. Your role will be to bring our core values to life through your team of 5 - 15 employees. Retail excellence will be the standard expected day to day, in everything you do. With every decision you make and direction you set, you will put the customer at the heart of your thinking. Working collectively as part of a diverse team you'll be expected to deliver the most unique customer experience by using our values of bold, open and trusted.What part will you play in this?
Your job is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual's performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
You will look for ways to make sales soar, drive efficiencies and be an inspirational leader and role model to the team. Some more specific responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Leading your team brilliantly with passion and drive
- Ensuring your store consistently delivers an extraordinary customer service/experience. Building trust and making every single day better through personal experiences that count
- Achieving performance targets and other measures as set by the business
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours. To help and grow talent and succession within the store
- Supporting the Store to drive productivity and efficiency in line with budgets and guidelines, using commercial reporting to maximise profit & revenue within the store
- Driving in store engagement to grow a high performing team, through effective leadership behaviours.
- Building a schedule using identified business data inputs (i.e. footfall, matrix hours, trading hours, employee contracted hours) to maximise productivity and deliver store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Identifying talent within the team and driving development
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance - taking pride in where you work.
- Exploring internal and external opportunities to grow revenue year on year
Salary and benefits:
- Someone who takes full accountability for themselves and their team's performance
- Some who has worked in a fast-paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be high performing and brings their team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to provide support, training and development for the team
- A great communicator
- Someone who can be agile, who can change and adapt to suit business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica's commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. We also welcome part-time applicants for all of our roles. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you'll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There's so much to discover. Your career starts here.