Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Stores Person to join the Medirest Family. You will join our highly motivated team, who deliver outstanding customer service at this prestigious contract at the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery in the heart of London. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £10.75 per hour, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 07.00 - 15.00
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To receive, store and where applicable, decant all provisions and other stock.
- To pick all such items for delivery to various sections of the department and its customers, including the hospital wards and departments.
- To provide a catering service to the patients, staff and visitors of the hospital
- To also deliver meal services to other commercial organisations and NHS Trusts.
- Receiving and correctly storing all food and non food stock.
- Checking the temperature and cleanliness of delivery vehicles and drivers.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the stores area.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Stores Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.