Stores Inspector | Bicester | GB12967
An excellent opportunity to join our team in Bicester.
The purpose of the role is the servicing of equipment held within MoD stocks and the Loan Pool at Kuehne & Nagel Government & Defence, Bicester and to carry out the Role and Responsibilities of a stores/equipment Inspector
- Servicing and Inspection of stores held within KNGD core business activities and Loan Pools, in line with current MoD
- Technical Publications and Regulations, as defined in AESPs, EMERs, Defence Standards, TS Technical Instructions,
- Manufacturer Instructions and where applicable Work Based Instructions
- Carry out repair work and reports as required in accordance with the relevant technical publications for MOD Loan Pool Stocks.
- To be able assess equipment and maintain it to correct safety levels and assessing re-use and cost effectiveness of the repairs if required
- Ensure that serviceable stock is available for customers within time constraints/KPIs.
- Ensure all job related paperwork is complete within 4 hours of completion.
- Ensure Team Leader is made aware of spares requirements within 2 hours of identification
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- The knowledge and ability to apply the manufacturers instructions, appropriate British European Standards and MOD Requirements
- Recognised Training certification in engineering environment - NVQ, City and Guilds
- Experience in a workshop environment (mechanical or electrical) or in an Armed Forces discipline
- Identify spares that may be required
- To be physically fit as some heavy lifting will be required
- Effective decision maker
- Experience of working to agreed targets
- PC Literate
- MHE license -desirable
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.