Base Location: Glasgow | Perth | Reading
Salary: SS07 £36,836 - £48,648 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) to work within the Indirects category team at SSE, which is responsible for sourcing and managing a wide variety of goods and services across all businesses and corporate functions within SSE. Some of the key category areas covered are MRO, Fleet, Plant & Travel, Property & Facilities Management, Customer Services, Marketing and Financial Services.
The Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) will, in general terms, be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider Category team in the development of contracting and sourcing strategies to help ensure that SSEs group-wide requirements are delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Sourcing goods and services in accordance with SSEs policies and procedures and any relevant external legislation, including EU Procurement directives
- Conducting strategic sourcing events through management of all elements of the end-to-end sourcing process and engaging stakeholders and suppliers throughout the process.
- The commercial analysis of contract/ tender submissions and for making appropriate contract award recommendations.
- Drafting and reviewing specific contractual terms and conducting wider negotiations so as to ensure all costs and contract terms are clear and the appropriate risks and known and managed in accordance with SSEs guidelines.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be an experienced procurement professional who has been involved with delivering cross-business sourcing activities. A track record of relevant procurement knowledge across some 'indirect category areas would be preferred, as well as having experience of using various forms of contract and the associated terms.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Broad knowledge of contracts with the ability to draft special terms for goods/ works/ services and knowledge of relevant contractual risks and how to manage/ mitigate these.
- Awareness/ understanding of EU Procurement Legislation.
- Be accomplished in negotiating costs, contractual terms and relevant performance measures.
- Be enthusiastic, with excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Be comfortable with communicating at various levels within the business.
- Be self-motivated, have confidence to improve the norm and think creatively.
- Be commercially astute and have strong problem solving skills.
- Be comfortable working to deadlines, being able to change priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01412247750.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.