Strategy and Growth Project Manager
Staverton, Cheltenham (initially working remotely)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Strategy and Growth Project Manager.
You'll deliver the process of bid response for Babcock UK Onshore, this includes close integration with capture planning, bid production and SME involvement.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
* Support the smooth running of the business winning process through coordination of Gate reviews in compliance with Delegations of Authority.
* Based on pipeline data, maintain a business winning schedule to be used for the purposes of resource planning including the business development master action log.
* To manage bids, sometimes simultaneously, to ensure the production of high quality and relevant submissions for all business development opportunities.
* Utilising Babcock business winning methodology and governance.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need experience in managing bids - not aviation specific, experience in managing multiple bids and be able to read and interpret information.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of the following:
* Strong communication skills - the ability to actively listen and communicate with colleagues at all levels and able to communicate with existing and potential customers.
* Knowledge of contracting methods and ability to utilise the appropriate method as required.
* Uses long-term innovative thinking and networking to stimulate new opportunities and solutions and contributing to shaping bid winning positions.
* Early identification of business and corporate risks.
* Demonstrable experience of maintaining an effective pipeline of business opportunities and an impressive conversion rate.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we're not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 08/03/2021