The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (RBWM) is a unitary authority in the Royal County of Berkshire providing a range of services through both in-house and commissioned providers. The council’s vision of “Creating a sustainable borough of opportunity and innovation” is delivered through the Corporate Plan 2021-2026. We are investing in services that matter to our residents and ensuring they are at the heart of the services we provide.
We enjoy excellent transports links with the nearby M4 or M3, and Crossrail, which provides fast connections to London and beyond.
You will visit sites to ensure that all works, under permit, on the public highway are carried out safely and in accordance with all applicable legislation. To assist with administration of the Permitting scheme and to ensure that work carried out on the public highway is of good quality. To liaise with residents, advising on highway / streetworks related queries.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of delivering Permit scheme compliance and highway asset protection.
- Knowledge of Highway Asset Management good practice.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of highway inspections.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle to carry out site visits.
What we offer:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday!
- Local Government Pension scheme with up to 12.5% employee contribution (depending on your salary) and 16% employer contribution.
- Free employee parking close to the offices.
- Reimbursement of car mileage for travel to site visits.
- A range of flexible benefits including salary sacrifice schemes and discounted rates for a variety of goods and services.
For further information, or to discuss the role in greater detail, please contact Andrew Dean, Senior Streetworks and Inspection Officer: Andrew.email@example.com or Sarah Plowman, Highway Asset and Network Manager: Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org