Structures Site Engineer Location: Avonmouth / various site locations Business Area: Highways Contract: 37.5 hours per week Fixed Term until 30/6/2022 Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Every day, 210,000 vehicles travel across the 31,000km of roads, bridges and tunnels that are built, maintained and operated by the team here at Kier Group. It's one of the reasons why we're acknowledged as the UK's No.1 Highways Services team - delivering £1 billion of social value to the six million people and wider communities who rely on our expertise and experience. Can you join our team? Yes, you can - if you want to be valued for who you are as well as what you do, in a company shaping the future.
We are currently looking for a Structures Site Engineer to join our Structures Design Team based in Avonmouth on the South West Design Services Contract which is part of Highways England South West Design Support Contract.
Reporting to the Kier Structures Manager, your main responsibility will be to provide site support to the Client and the liaise with Designers for solutions to queries raised on site. Additionally, to provide where required by the Client, the role of Works Examiner representative on site in accordance with CG300. This is primarily a site role. What do we need from you to be successful in this role?
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and progressing to be or are a Chartered / Incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MIStructE)
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in the inspection and construction of highway structures
- Experience in the assessment and design of highway structures (desirable)
- Experience of working on contracts for Highways England would be (desirable)
- Experience of highway structures with experience of DMRB and other Highways England standards
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM
- Having a CSCS and Driving License is essential
Role is considered inside IR35. What will you receive?
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
Pre-employment checks It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case by case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
30th May 2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.