Title: Supervisor (ASE)
Division/Function: Defence, Royal Navy Support
Base Location: AESAS - RNAS Yeovilton
The Supervisor (ASE) is responsible for the ground support to Merlin & Wildcat aircraft also Off Aircraft GSE
The Supervisor (ASE) will require an understanding of the AESAS regulatory governance applicable in an operational airworthiness environment.
They are required to hold appropriate professional qualifications and/or relevant experience to support Aircraft operations at RNAS Yeovilton in the AESAS Contract and supporting operational deliverables and interfaces in a highly regulated environment. In the execution of their duties to support their Senior Supervisor or AESAS Lead with regards to managing team members and development of the Fitters/Fitters Mates and Apprentices.
The Supervisor (Any) will be responsible for:
- Where required by Customer Regulations and Procedures employees are authorised to carry out contracted tasks.
- All contracted tasks are carried out in accordance with current Customer Policy and Regulations and other applicable statutory Regulations.
- Contracted tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- The Senior Supervisor or Serco Manager is made aware of all business risks.
- All verbal and written customer complaints and Quality issues are brought to the attention of their Senior Supervisor or Serco Manager.
- Their Senior Supervisor or Serco Manager is informed when regulatory, continuation, induction, human factors, promotion, on-job and new equipment training is required for Fitters/Fitters Mates and Apprentices.
- All employees under their control comply with:
- The Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) Act 1974.
- The Serco Management System.
- Where applicable Customer Policy and Regulations applicable to their grade and position.
- Company and Customer Environmental procedures.
- Company Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Other tasks within their capability are carried out as directed by their Senior Supervisor or Serco Manager.
- Administration tasks are carried out as required by the Serco Manager.
- Further training courses necessary to their job are attended as required.
- Ensuring best practice and assurance of regulatory compliance by the utilisation of DASOR, Assure and any other reporting medium to capture and communicate findings and actions from engineering, safety and near miss events.
- Monitoring hazards and ensuring risks, and issues are identified and quantified
- They participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives and associated programmes when required.
- When deemed as qualified by their Senior Supervisor or Serco Manager to do so and when requested, Fitters/Fitters Mates and Apprentices are trained/mentored as a supporting task of the job requirement.
- To remain flexible and carry out any other tasks within their capabilities and experience in support of the Contract as directed by the Contract Manager or their representative.
- To promote Serco's professional Company image in all liaison's with internal and external agencies.
Essential skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Previous supervisory experience and a thorough and good working knowledge of the following:
- Merlin Aircraft Servicing and Support Equipment.
- Project Planning and Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound - Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
- Engineering and Asset Management Systems.
- Completed a Maintenance Human Factors Course.
- Have a good understanding of rotary wing military (aviation) procedures.
- An understanding and proven experience of Airworthiness Engineering Safety and Compliance iaw Regulatory and Legislative requirements (MAA).
- Excellent leadership and people management experience.
- An excellent capability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining operational outputs.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).