Job Title: Supervisor Location:
London Business Area:
Permanent Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier Group is the UK's leading highways service provider, delivering an incredibly diverse range of road, bridge and tunnel projects - from planning and programming stage through to delivery, maintenance and operation. We work with a wide range of partners such as local authorities and Highways England to improve the quality and safety of UK roads - making us the No.1 highways and tunnel maintenance team across the country, delivering over £1 billion of social value by maintaining 31,000km of roads used by six million people in their everyday lives.
Our Kier Highways team have been appointed to deliver Transport for London (TfL)'s new c.200m Maintanance and Management Contract for TfL Road Tunnels and Pumping stations. Through the contract, our Kier Highways colleagues will be responsible for maintaining and managing the 10 tunnels across the network, as well as 106 pump stations which help the road drainage systems working. This is a great time to join and be part of a collaborative winning team!
Reporting to the Senior Tunnel Maintenance Engineer the main purpose of the Supervisor role is to oversee contract delivery ensuring that all procedures and all necessary TAPs (Tunnels and Pumping Stations) works are carried out completely and safely. This role is responsible for responding promptly to any network incidents as instructed, carrying out audit reports on vehicles and plants ensuring all maintained to a high standard and actively promoting Health and Safety in the workplace. It also includes contributing to the promotion of customer care by working closely with team members to ensure client and Stakeholder asset users are dealt with in a polite and courteous manner.
This position has been identified as a Safety Critical Position and will be subject to testing as set out in the Kier Drugs and Alcohol Policy. A copy of this policy is available from HR. What are we looking for? To be successful in this role you will
- Have an appropriate knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Traffic Management, automated monitoring/control systems and construction works needed to ensure the smooth running of the Tunnels
- Experience in the day to day operational procedures regarding all Maintenance and Reactive works, and have a proven excellence in leadership skills of employees
- The ability to work under pressure and be capable of making on the spot decisions, but also having good judgment skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and motivate the wider operational team
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communicator (written & verbal)
What can you expect from us?
- SSSTS (Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme)
- CSCS / CITB in health and safety
- NRSWA qualification (desirable)
- First aid
- Full driving license required
In return you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days'
annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role - and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date: 12/3/2021 Please note, interviews make take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. .