We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Supplier Account Co-Ordinator, based at our B&Q Branston facility.
The employee has a requirement to be flexible to ensure the needs of the business are met. They have a responsibility to their colleagues, the customer and most importantly, B&Q's customers.
The successful applicant will receive training (3-6 months). A strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Outlook and experience with managing and analysing data is essential.
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:00
How will you contribute?
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and multiple stakeholders, positioning yourself as their first point of contact for any operational or compliance issues.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with vendors, taking accountability for bringing them to task alongside time lined and target specific improvement plans.
- Conduct appropriate preparation for successful promotional and seasonal activity.
- Advocate for vendors by escalating their issues and concerns promptly and efficiently.
- Drive procedural and systematic changes in line with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be knowledgeable of vendors individual B&Q contractual agreements, ensuring they are adhered to.
- Take ownership of negative issues and investigate until resolve alongside any system or customer issues promptly with due priority.
- Process vendor disputes in line with contractual agreements.
- Support the development, documentation, and colleague training of all procedures.
- Generate and distribute multiple reports throughout the day.
- Conduct general administrative tasks.
What will you bring?
- Excellent PC skills with good proficiency in the use of MS Excel (vlookup and calculative formulas), Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent phone manner; is able to manage incoming/outgoing telephone calls politely and confidently.
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders to build strong relationships.
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to identify trends and highlight potential gaps.
- Able to quickly familiarize themselves with the functionality and navigation of multiple systems.
- Problem solving and decision making; actively seeks and is open minded to ideas, makes decision based on factual information and evidence, resolves issues promptly but also allows others to provide solutions.
- Great communication skills; communicates simply and clearly, confidently challenges, shares ideas and information with others.
- SAP back office, CRM, Virtual Stock, .COM+, EDI and SharePoint experience.
Wincanton is a leading supply chain partner for British business, providing supply chain solutions up and down the country. With over 20,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and an 8,500 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We are Great people delivering sustainable supply chain value .
Our Culture & Benefits
In addition to generous renumeration, we really value our people and offer a friendly, safety-first working environment, along with other benefits including company pension scheme, generous holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits include, online discount platform, onsite parking and much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Be a part of our values; Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness & Trust.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. We strive for an environment where all colleagues feel included, supported and valued, whilst feeling they can be their whole selves within our workplaces. We are proud that our colleagues represent us and our successes and we welcome your application.