RAF Shawbury, Shrewsbury, UK SY4 4DZ
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Supply Manager to join our team based at RAF Shawbury. You will be responsible for the efficient management of the Supply Section; management, accounting, storage, issue, receipt and disposal of all ranges of customer equipment to RAF Shawbury and its parented sites.
- Management of a team of approx. 18 people and ensure the successful fulfilment of the contracted tasking for Supply
- Ensure that all activities within Supply are carried out to a high quality standard and in accordance with the appropriate standards, practices, technical publications and procedures
- Provide the leadership and guidance to staff to ensure that the section is run efficiently and effectively
What do I need to do the role?
- We are looking for an experienced Supply Manager/Logistics Manager with recent experience at managerial level in a military supply or similar commercial organisation
- Very knowledgeable in the operation of the Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI) System
- Strong understanding of the ADR Regulations and the transportation of Dangerous Goods by Road
- Working knowledge of the Purchase to Payment (P2P/CP&F) system or similar
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including homeworking, flexible start and finish times and part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Strength in Diversity
Advancing an inclusive and diverse Babcock
In Babcock, we are committed to equality of opportunity and we appreciate and value the benefit we get from the different life experiences of all of our colleagues. We will continually strive to improve the diversity within our organisation because we know we're not representative of the society we work within and we want to change that. Although we have some way to go to achieve our ambitions, we want to continue to attract the best talent, no matter who they are or how they identify. This will ensure our culture is one centred around respect and inclusivity with people at the heart of what we do. Not because we are the same, but because we accept individuals for who they are and value their differences.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.