To work with the Regional Manager supporting the Kitchen Managers across 10 schools to deliver operational excellence in the delivery of the key performance measures outlined below. Job Description
More about the role:
- £11 per hour - Term time only
- Monday to Friday
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To promote a safety culture and ensure team members are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times
- To ensure the teams are engaged and coached effectively to achieve our performance targets
- To work with and coach the Kitchen Managers in unit to support the delivery of their sales and profit margin targets
- To ensure stock, promotions and merchandising comply with company procedures and sales are maximised
- To deliver operational excellence through execution of the what good looks like' guidelines
- To provide unit cover for your kitchens when required.
- To ensure your kitchens are following the correct Allergy, H&S and F&S procedures
- To support the Kitchen Manager with Risk Assessments
- To conduct regular site visits to the given area of responsibility and complete audits
- To work flexibly, attend meetings and training courses as required
- To role model the Chartwells Way behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers & clients
- To ensure all company, client & legal requirements, processes and procedures are implemented effectively
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
- To support Kitchen Managers with added value and parents evenings
- Flexible approach to working hours
Who we are:
- An enthusiastic individual with experience working in a school meal environment
- Must have experience of leading and coaching a team of people
- An outstanding communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers & clients and lead, engage & develop team members
- Be motivated to achieve results and to drive profits
- IT literate - Must be able to work with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Skype
- Must have strong organisational skills to be able to manage their own time efficiently to deliver results.
- Must be assertive, calm and work well under pressure
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
- Be able to undertake a range of manual duties
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.