Job Title: Engineers (both Senior and early stage of your career)
Location: Plymouth, Bristol or Leicester (however, we may be able to consider people from other locations)
Compensation: £32,020 - £49,625 (DOE) + pension (up to 8% matched) + 25 days holiday
Role Type: Full or Part time / Permanent
Job ID: SF36769
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our nuclear deterrent? Babcock Naval Nuclear plays a key role in the support of Royal Navy nuclear submarines throughout their life-cycle and in ensuring that submarines are ready to conduct operations at sea. We are charged with ensuring that the submarines, and the support arrangements that we and others provide, enable safe delivery of the UK's Continuous at Sea Deterrent patrols at an acceptable cost to the nation.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for several Engineers to join us at one of our 3 sites with agile remote working from home probable. As an Engineer you'll work within the Engineering Services Directorate, a centre of excellence for our professional engineering capability, supporting naval programmes while proactively improving our capabilities. You'll be applying your engineering domain knowledge to support technical outputs and solutions in order to enable submarine availability and fit for purpose nuclear licenced infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
As part of the role you could be involved in one of the two main areas of influence:
1. In service; providing engineering support and thought to Trafalgar, Astute and Vanguard Class submarines whilst at sea and alongside to enable an optimised maintenance package and through life cost;
2. Concept and Build; providing engineering support and thought to the future SSBN (Dreadnought) and SSNR Class submarines through the design, down selection and build process, to provide support to the MoD and define the preferred support solution.
The experience you'll bring
You will need to be personable, professional and driven with the ability to engage in a range of projects. Working with a high level of professional knowledge, the role is part of a multi-disciplinary team that will apply your skills across our support programme.
We would also like you to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
* Carrying out or supporting technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment or resolution and for design of improvements.
* Production, review, and approval of calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned.
* Evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
* Driving or supporting the development of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) / Integrated Product Support (IPS) solutions
* Providing help and direction to team members with reference to your experience; steering/ supporting continuous improvement activity
* Working towards professional registration of an accredited STEM body such as IMechE, IMarEST or IET
* Lastly, you'll be qualified to minimum of HNC in a STEM discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, System, Data or Maths). Experience in lieu of formal education would be considered.
What a role with Babcock offers
We believe in creating an inclusive working environment based on dignity and respect, bringing together individuals from many different backgrounds to give us fresh perspectives and new ideas whilst working towards giving back to the environment to build a sustainable future.
* 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
* Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
* Employee Share plan
* Autonomy - trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* If you do not have Chartered membership, Babcock Naval Nuclear will support this endeavour for suitable candidates.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 05/07/2022