About the job
Willmott Dixon is passionate about leaving the right social, environmental and economic legacy. To support our continued success, we are recruiting a Sustainability Data Analyst to make an impact across the Willmott Dixon Group.
Sustainability and social value have been at the heart of our business for the last 170 years and with our new sector-leading sustainability strategy, 'Now or Never' focussing us on delivering Brilliant Buildings, Building Lives and a Better Planet by 2030, there really is no better time to join us!
Sitting within the award-winning Group Sustainability team, based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, we are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to provide sustainability data expertise across the business in England and Wales, to help us become the market leader in sustainability in line with the ambitions of 'Now or Never'. You will work within Group Sustainability to identify, develop and implement sustainable insights that enthuse and empower our all people. By changing behaviours across all our teams, we will improve the sustainability of our business and the products we deliver for our customers.
You will be a self-starter, who loves a challenge, able to work agilely, in an empowered environment that values initiative and innovative thinking. You will be passionate about numbers, get excited by the insight and information that you can derive from combining complex data sets, and love sharing that knowledge with stakeholders across the business. Strong communication and relationship management skills are essential, coupled with an ability to influence and deliver through others.
You will support the delivery of all three themes within our Now or Never Strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of new ideas, strategies, policies and targets for the Willmott Dixon Group and its operating companies
- Contribute to the development, improvement and implementation of systems and processes to monitor and report against business sustainability targets
- Collect, collate, manage, analyse, interrogate and verify sustainability data
- Use data to identify and support the business case for new sustainability initiatives and policies
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of best practice and help develop case-studies and other mechanisms to support learning and knowledge-sharing
- Support business development and bids and our teams across the business with sustainability input as required.
- Increasing our people's sustainability data skills, knowledge and capability by delivering training advice and support.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Manipulating large data sets from multiple sources
- Analysing and reporting data and information to a high level of accuracy
- Highly numerate and able to analyse and evaluate technical and financial data
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Using PowerBI
- Understanding of sustainability issues
- Ability to communicate in a way that meets the needs of a diverse audience
- Development of efficient data collection methodologies, processes or systems
In return we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes, but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
No recruitment agencies please.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!