Join us as a SWIFT Technical Specialist
- As a SWIFT subject matter expert for the bank, you’ll own and drive the design, delivery and deployment of strategic initiatives across the SWIFT estate
- You'll be designing, producing, testing and implementing working code, working across the lifecycle of the system
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
Working in a permanent feature team, you’ll be developing knowledge of aspects of the associated platform across the disciplines of business, applications, data and infrastructure. You’ll also be liaising with principal engineers, architects in the domain and other key stakeholders to understand how the platform works and how it supports business objectives.
You’ll be the key delivery resource using deep SWIFT technical knowledge and experience to accept vendor updates, upgrades and patches, configuring them to be deployed into the banks SWIFT platform. You’ll be preparing, configuring and deploying technical change solutions to support and comply with key programmes of work such as SWIFT customer security programme, SWIFT standards, SWIFT security patching.
You’ll also be:
- Applying Agile methods to the development of software on the backlog
- Producing resilient and long-lived software and acting flexibly to cope with future needs
- Delivering intentional architecture and formulating emergent design through innovative ideas, experimentation and prototyping
- Designing and developing software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, using executable patterns
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strong full stack experience in software design and implementation, including being able to exploit coding languages to solve complex problems. You’ll also need to be capable of complex requirements analysis capture and validation against and with business and systems requirements.
You’ll also have experience of the SWIFT application suite, such as SAG, SAA, AWP or AMH and be comfortable operating test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools.
Additionally, you’ll demonstrate:
- Experience of leading the implementation of programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
- Sound collaboration skills with the ability to work with business teams to produce pragmatic solutions that work for the business
- Experience of information security policies and practices within the financial sector
- Strong stakeholder management skills and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a simple way