Do you pride yourself in having impeccable phone etiquette? Are you able remain professional within a high pressurised environment? Are you able to use your own initiative, efficiently within challenging situations? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
A new opportunity has arisen as a Switchboard Operator to join our Medirest family within our busy healthcare setting. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated team, delivering outstanding service for all patients and visitors. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £10.19 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Fully flexible - day and night shift of 7.5 Hours per day . 5 days per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Sort and dispatch calls and e-mails to the relevant department accurately within a timely manner
- Update and amend information when changes occur
- Ability to record accurate times and dates of all untoward incidents and complaints requiring Switchboard involvement.
- Resolve stakeholder queries competently and enthusiastically to represent our organisation in a professional light
Who we are:
- Previous experience in this role/similar position is essential
- Excellent telephone manner, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.