Starting Salary: £36,525 - £40,995
Location: Flexible Location!
About the Role
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our nuclear deterrent? The Dreadnought programme, which has received full parliamentary approval, will deliver a new generation of submarines to carry the UK's nuclear deterrent. It is the largest programme in UK Defence with a budget of £34 billion confirmed in the Strategic Defence and Security Review.
The Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI) is responsible for the development and transition of a Support Solution to support the Dreadnought Class submarine in-service. As a Systems Engineer on the Performance Engineering team you will you will play a major part in ensuring the supportability requirements for the Dreadnought programme are met. Through collection, integration and analysis of large amounts of data relating to system reliability maintainability, and cost you will help the team understand the overall supportability of the Dreadnought class Submarines.
Your responsibilities will include but won't be limited to;- reviewing and understanding component and sub-system supportability analysis with a view to integrating at Whole boat level; identifying, understanding, and managing technical supportability risks; facilitating key stakeholders to see technical risks and issues through to resolution; compiling technical reports documenting Whole Boat analysis undertaken.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll be educated to minimum HND/HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline. Membership of a professional body is desirable but not essential.
We would also like you to have the following:
* An awareness of systems engineering practices and systems thinking (essential)
* A background working on complex systems in a maritime environment, preferably Submarines (highly advantageous)
* Experience running numerical model simulations and assessing the output of any analysis (desirable but not essential)
* You must be a sole UK national with current, valid 'Security Check' (SC) clearance (essential)
Lastly, you'll be an excellent communicator and able to articulate complex arguments for a wide range of stakeholders to understand. You'll need to be able demonstrate the motivation to drive issues to completion and to continue your professional development.
What else do I need to know?
* This position can be based at either Devonport Royal Dockyard (Plymouth) or at our office in Keynsham, which is situated between Bristol and Bath in the South West of England.
* Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
* The post will be based in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involves working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. This may require you to meet enhanced security and regular screening checks.
* You must be a sole UK national with current, valid 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.