Systems & Senior Systems Engineers / Scientists
GNSS / Resilient Position Navigation & Timing (PNT) Technologies
Flexible Locations, UK Wide
At QinetiQ, we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives, and securing the vital interests of our customers. We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
QinetiQ supports the delivery of highly innovative secured navigation which can be depended on by our clients when accurate navigation, positioning and timing is mission critical. Our specialist teams provide clients with consultancy support, research and development of services and security capabilities for resilient positioning and navigation systems; including Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers. As a Systems Engineer, you will lead or contribute to all stages of research, development, consultancy, and product support activities in the field of resilient Position Navigation and Timing (PNT).
- Providing technical expertise and advice on PNT aspects
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains
- Identifying, capturing, and driving forward innovative PNT solutions
- System Design, Development & Testing of PNT products
Experience & Qualifications:
We are interested in speaking with System Engineers at all levels of seniority who can demonstrate experience across Navigational Systems, GNSS receiver products and knowledge in one or more of the following subjects:
- Navigation system specification or signal processing;
- Multi-sensor navigation;
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation;
- Modelling / simulation of navigation systems / sensors
- Alternative & Emerging PNT approaches and techniques;
- Algorithm design / documentation
In return, you will have the opportunity to work on unique next generation cutting edge technical projects that directly support the sovereign capability of the UK. This is a team will show continued growth over the coming years so opportunities for development and progression will be available.
If you are interested in exploring opportunities within our Navigational Systems team, send your CV to us and a member of the team will be in contact to discuss the opportunities further.