About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced security engineer to provide technical support to our 24/7 monitored systems, along with the Sub-contractors that maintain the systems primarily based within the M25, but with the possibility of work anywhere within the Thames Water area of operations.
The variety and diversity of the arrangement of security systems at Thames Water mean, that no two days are the same, requiring technical fault-finding skills to resolve a variety of problems.
Using your experience & skills you will fault find and problem solve appropriate technology, Providing performance reporting, regulatory compliance and systems reliability work on all aspects of Thames Water ESS work.
The ESS team is BAU support, however, you will provide input to the capital programme at various stages through the project lifecycle, from initial works to handover, ensuring that changes to the operational systems are risk mitigated and efficiently delivered. You will help develop solutions, processes & procedures to improve our essential services.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Technical Support for the Thames Water Electronic Security Systems (Hardware and software/firmware for CCTV systems, Entry Access Systems, Intruder Detection Systems, current and Legacy) and supporting systems to ensure 99.98% availability
- Be integrated within the Operational Technology support team with responsibility for the reliability and continuity of the Electronic Security Systems.
- Lead and coordinate the Operational Technology Change Management and Risk Assessment procedure to minimise the impact of change on operational systems.
- Maintaining the ESS estate software and configuration standards to support the operational business.
Provide technical support into the development and maintenance of the OT strategy standards and procedures.
- Provide technical support into the development and maintenance of the OT strategy standards and procedures.
- Provide 24/7 Out of Hours emergency support and fault rectification for the Alarm Monitoring Center(AMC)
- Identify and escalate operational risks.
- Develop and deliver solutions for new or modified customer requests.
- Provide asset, alarm and event data reports.
- Implement security improvements to the Regional Systems.
- Undertake system health check and technology template maintenance and support.
What’s in it for you?
- HNC or Equivalent in a technical/specialist discipline with considerable experience in the specialist area of ESS and Enterprise level security systems.
- Self-motivated and keen to provide the best possible service to minimal cost.
- ESS subject matter expert Enterprise level CCTV, Intruder, Electronic Access Control.
- Confident to be able to articulate and represent Operations as the technical champion for the ESS
- Very good technical knowledge of Communications and network diagnostics, including ADSL, Satellite and fibre communications, keeping up with current best industry practice.
- Experience in Hardware/firmware/software configuration from IP Camera to servers
- Excellent IT skills MS office and email, knowledge extended programming Electronic Security Applications and MS applications
- Strong knowledge of VLANs IP Comms.
This role covers our Electronic Security Systems that are covered by government requirements based at an operational site close to home. We are offering a salary of up to £50,000 (within M25) + Car allowance depending on experience and qualifications. Our excellent salary package includes a competitive contributory pension and a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, child care vouchers, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus many more.
Participation in a 24/7 Out of Hours Standby rota (typically 1 week in 4) will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment, for which you will receive an additional payment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About Us
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.