Systems Engineer - ISTAR SME
The QinetiQ Intelligence Surveillance Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) Systems Engineering team provides ISTAR Domain Subject Matter Expert (SME) System Engineers, ISTAR System Architects, and ISTAR Scientists into Cyber and Information (C&I) projects to deliver capability into Defence, Government and Industry.
The team is looking for highly motivated Systems Engineers with ISTAR Domain Knowledge to support a variety of interesting and ground-breaking projects.
What will I be doing?
- Provide technical advice or support into projects throughout the engineering lifecycle in support of existing or future ISTAR platforms, sensors, mission systems or processes.
- Application of systems engineering tools, techniques and notations to the requirements engineering, architecting and design of ISTAR systems e.g. DOORS, Sparx EA, Agile SE, TOGAF, ArchiMate
- Support trials planning, management, delivery and reporting.
- Engage with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated.
- Provide ISTAR systems engineering advice and support into small, medium and large bids.
What do I need?
- Relevant experience in systems engineering or engineering
- A good understanding of the ISTAR Domain (IMINT, GEOINT, OSINT, HUMINT, SIGINT, ACINT etc.) platforms, sensors, mission systems and exploitation tools both from a technical delivery and user perspective
- Technical understanding of ISTAR Information Management and Dissemination processes and technologies including the application of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Flexible approach to tasking, able to take on multiple projects or tasks in potentially a variety of stages of development i.e. concept development, requirements capture, design, delivery, verification and validation.
If you think you are a good fit, great! Click 'apply' and we will be in touch shortly.