Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN
Compensation: £45,089 - £50,618 & Attractive benefits package
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: SF43316
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our established team. As a strategic partner of the MOD, we support them on some of the most exciting engineering projects the UK has to offer. This role will see you working collaboratively with our Defence partners to deliver bespoke training systems.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for a driven, results oriented and solution focussed Systems Engineer to join our established team. This role involves requirements capture, design, build and delivery of projects within a healthy growing business that is consistently achieving significant annual growth by protecting existing interests, adapting to a changing defence landscape and growing into new markets by embracing existing and new technology.
What will you be doing?
This project covers the design, installation and in service support of training systems within Defence. You will be part of a multi-skilled systems engineering team delivering new capability into the Ministry of Defence. Reporting to a Principal Systems Engineer, accountability and responsibilities are as follows:
* Author a range of technical documentation across the project lifecycle
* Critique and verify third party technical documentation across the project lifecycle
* Maintain all associated Engineering and Management Plans
* Maintain configuration control of equipment and documentation
* Co-ordinate and control all systems and transversal engineering aspects as identified within the project
* Provide technical expertise and assistance were requested across the Mission Systems project portfolio
The experience you'll bring
We are looking for a high calibre Systems Engineer with demonstrable expertise in the delivery of high integrity engineered products. You will be used to frequent interaction with Defence Partners and key stakeholders, utilising your strong communication, relationship building and team playing capability.
* You will be an IT or Data Communications focussed Systems Engineer.
* Ideally you will hold a degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
* A HNC in a relevant engineering discipline will be accepted with a demonstrable subject matter expertise in the systems domain.
* You will hold or willing to work towards a chartered status with a recognised professional body.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This will require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.