Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than threatens. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s views and accommodating wherever possible.The Opportunity
Roke provides technology, innovation and consultancy to a variety of clients and stakeholders, and are seeking talented systems engineers.
As a Systems Engineer within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will be working closely alongside our clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the stakeholders and end users.
This is a customer-facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are also able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients. This demands integrity, diplomacy and determination.
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of business critical programmes and initiatives, and will be part of large scale engagements contributing to this fascinating and demanding environment.Areas of Responsibility
Skills & Experience
- Working as technical lead / design authority of a team to research, design, implement and support a range of products and delivered solutions;
- Supporting generation of applications for product investment, following a product roadmap;
- Applying your system design skills between specific areas of business, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including electronic warfare (EW), RF cyber, applications, middleware and radio bearers;
- Technical decision making and problem solving, direction of engineering teams;
- Technical bid leadership and senior technical writing;
- Integration, Validation & Verification planning as necessary to de-risk delivery;
- Planning and executing domestic and overseas system installations and integrations;
- Engage with stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks, decision support.
- System engineering lifecycles, tailoring and planning;
- Experience with working with commercial managers and civil contractors to achieve system installation and deployment as locations required by the client;
- Chairing design reviews;
- Requirements elicitation & management;
- Risk and opportunity management;
- Configuration management & baseline development through lifecycle;
- Knowledge and understanding of Electronic Warfare (EW) and (ideally) both military and civil communications systems;
- Appreciation of hardware firmware and software, including SDR with high speed ADCs and RF sub-systems;
- Appreciation of a production environment, design and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and test fixtures;
- Product qualification and safety, relevant legislation and sign-off;
- Environmental regulations and legislation, product sign-off;
- EMC regulations and control techniques, working with specialists, sign-off.
We're open to individuals who have the right skills in an adjacent domain, for example installation of communication systems or radars. Also consideration will be given, especially for more junior positions, to candidates who have some of these skills but are willing to round out their knowledge and grow professionally while working with us. In addition willingness to mentor junior staff and take part in professional development is viewed as a positive factor.Why you should join us
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension along with a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs. We have a vision of an egalitarian team culture, with a meritocratic work ethos. This not only leads to success and high performance teams but also benefits individual professional growth.Security
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current security clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We will provide you with assistance in transferring your clearance, we also offer a high level clearance bonus.
For more information about clearance eligibility, please see: