Job Title: T23 COM Maintenance Engineer (Acceptance)
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45162
The T23 Maintenance Engineer (Acceptance) role lies within the T23 COM team, which is responsible for the planning and facilitation of through life support for T23 frigates, on behalf of the MOD Platform Authority Customer.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a T23 Maintenance Engineer to provide technical contract management and oversight of the Service Providers activities for the Support Period project allocated by the Senior Platform Manager.
What will you be doing?
* Act as the focal point for the allocated work package in the projects allocated, between the Service Provider, Ships Staff and other MoD Authorities.
* Evaluate and report progress, quality, configuration and engineering standards of the work carried out by the Service Provider.
* Assess and endorse the technical requirements associated with emergent and additional work and raise contract variation orders where required.
* Managing the acceptance of completed work and recording all completion in UMMS.
* Raising and management of concession requests on Cat B and C SE and Op maintenance.
* Provision and maintenance of data in support of recognised material state by liaison with all authorities to collate, review and analyse data including defects, certification, tests and trials reports, logs and registers, maintenance audit reports, S2022's, S3018's, configuration management (SSDD), and schedulable maintenance tasks.
The experience you'll bring
* HND/HNC qualified in a relevant engineering, or project management function.
* An understanding of delivering through life ship support and / or the project management of ship support.
* Broad knowledge of T23 equipment and systems, and the MoD Maritime support departments.
* Broad understanding of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM).
* A good understanding of support period planning and delivery processes.
* A detailed knowledge of T23 Combat Systems.
* A detailed knowledge of SSDD.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 07/07/2022