We currently have temporary vacancies for Standby Attendants to work on the Labour team within the FM Contract at Stanlow Oil Refinery, Cheshire.
A standby attendant is a critical role in which the successful candidate will monitor and record people working inside a confined space.
The positions are additional roles and will be dedicated to the Essar Tank Maintenance Team and will include the following tasks and report to the 14forty Labour Supervisors: Job Description
Tank Maintenance Operative
More about the role:
- £10.44 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Based in CH65 4HB
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Carry out confined space standby duties to support maintenance and Project activities.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy in line with client housekeeping schedule
- Standby Attendant duties.
- Ensuring standby kit is kept stocked of all safety equipment including air horn.
- Adhering to the Stanlow procedures for confined space entry attendants.
- Ensure familiarity with hazards faced by person inside confined space.
- Maintain contact with control room / rescue team. Notify control room at start of confined space entry.
- Monitor and record entry and exit into confined space.
- Maintain contact with persons inside the confined space. If visual is not possible then through use of radio.
- In event of emergency raise the alarm using the provided air horn - to be sounded for 5 seconds and alert rescue team.
- Barricade confined space entry point and challenge anyone attempting entry to ensure right of entry.
- Monitor conditions outside the confined space and order an evacuation if the conditions pose a threat to those inside the confined space. Changes such as: weather / failure of ventilation systems / leaks or spills in the vicinity / conflicting activities in the vicinity / abnormalities with drainage systems.
- Attend weekly standstill meetings.
- Attend 14forty monthly engagement sessions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Essential Role Requirements/Skills
Who we are:
- Driving (full clean license)
- SCATS or C/CNSG
- Good Health & Safety Compliance
- Good Values & Behaviors
- CoSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. Organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts deliver great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.