TDI - Software Web Developer
Make a real impact, immediately
Babcock Defence Systems Technology (DST) has an enviable reputation for fostering partnerships and innovation, and delivering technological advantage to an array of global customers. We have built on these strengths with the creation of an innovation hub which is at the forefront of our contribution to the Defence Digital era.
The Technology, Design and Innovation (TDI) team is built from a diverse mix of skillsets, backgrounds and experiences; highly motivated people who are driven by the prospect of working with industry leading technology in a challenging, agile and forward looking environment. A dynamic bench of professionals comprising both permanent and seconded positions, TDI will adapt to bring fresh thinking to growth opportunities, develop new capabilities and put innovation at the centre of DST growth moving forward.
We are building on our early success and growing our team to meet our ambitions and are looking to appoint a motivated and dynamic Software Web Developer to the team.
The difference the new Software Web Developer will make
We need a Software Web Developer to drive our research and development efforts and to realise innovation projects and prototypes across multiple domains.
You will work on a wide range of communication and integration themed innovation projects ranging from embedded prototypes to GIS and the identification and exploitation of new technologies.
Who we're looking for
You will be a self-starter with initiative and a broad range of technical skills. An enthusiastic technologist who is able to design and implement a prototype from a minimal brief and design, either as an individual or as part of a team. You thrive in an environment where requirements and priorities can change rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and where every day is a learning day; actively seeking out new knowledge, tools and technologies to help take us forward into the future.
You will have considerable experience in software development and must have a demonstrable portfolio of technology projects or hobbies which prove creativity. You'll also have experience of the following:-
Required Software Skills:
* An understanding of Geospatial Information System (GIS) applications
* C# .NET Core 5+
* Model-View-Controller (MVC) Design Pattern
* Entity Frame Core
* Razor Pages
* Experience in web deployment methods
* OAuth authentication technologies
* Bootstrap 4+
* JQuery and other front-end technologies
* Micro-service architecture
Optional Software Skills:
* Azure DevOps Development Environment Experience (Boards, Repos, Pipelines, GIT)
* Agile / Kanban processes
* Dependency Injection (DI) knowledge
* RESTful APIs
* Third party UI Component libraries (DevExpress UI Component)
* Blazor Framework
* Cyber Essentials Plus
* TickIt+ process
Skills and attributes
* Problem solving, agility & lateral thinking
* Ability to upskill, learn new subjects & skills
* Time management and prioritisation
* Collaborative and interpersonal skills
You will be able to demonstrate that you are a critical thinker able to be innovative in your approach and thinking and able to work at pace balancing multiple priorities concurrently. Collaboration, adaptability and inclusion are key to the success of DST and these will be core attributes of all TDI team members.
Interested individuals should apply with a CV, but also send us something which outlines their interest in innovation and their suitability for this role and this team..
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview