Our Social Care Access Service (SCAS) offers a dedicated and professional service which is responsive to the needs of the citizens of Hertfordshire. We seek to promote independence and wellbeing to citizens which celebrate use of community solutions. And as our Team Leader for our Brokerage Service, you'll ensure that we continue to deliver this incredibly important work.
Our Brokerage Solutions Team is made up of Home Finders, Service Finders, Customer Co-ordinators and Support Officers whose role is to find and commission a range of services to help older people and/or their carers achieve the outcomes identified by their assessment of need. You'll ensure the services purchased represent value for money, are commissioned accurately and within the budget approval levels set. And in addition to this you'll ensure that relationships with providers and develop expert knowledge of available resources to support older people and their carers.
As the Brokerage Team Leader you will provide day to day operational management of Brokerage Solutions' workflow and staff group, as well as support the Service Delivery Manager with planning and implementing longer term strategic goals of the team. You will work closely with other teams in Hertfordshire's older people's service (both community and hospital teams) as well as colleagues across Finance and Commissioning. Team Leaders also liaise closely with service providers. Key Duties include (but are not limited to:
- Meet daily operational challenges by ensuring work is triaged and allocated, ensuring there is adequate coverage; take responsibility for solutions to combat unplanned staff shortages;
- Be a point of management oversight: make decisions regarding priority of allocations; ensure safe and manageable workloads; be a point of escalation and escalate in turn;
- Provide expert information, advice and guidance on issues relating to commissioning of care;
- Provide direction in terms of current relevant legislation, in particular Mental Capacity Act, Care Act and Mental Health Act and translate legislation into practice;
- Monitor team performance through KPI's and take corrective action where needed;
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of the team including coaching/ mentoring; performance management; annual appraisals; management of sickness absence/annual leave; supervision of workloads; training and development; recruitment and induction of new staff.
What you'll need to do the role:
If you are an experienced manager/team leader from within a social care setting, then we want to hear from you! We do ask that you also have demonstrable skills in business planning, the allocation of resources, the management of people and budgets. You should also have strong understanding and knowledge of the legislation, regulation and guidance relating to Adult Social Care Services, as well as understanding of community care legislation.
- Meaningful and vital work: SCAS seeks to promote independence and wellbeing, we ensure resources are used fairly and cost-effective solutions for citizens which celebrates the use of community solutions. We evidence promoting citizens choices and aim to always balance risk with having a good life!
- A world of opportunity: Our SCAS Team is always growing and developing and you'll be able to contribute to and be a part of this;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do develop your skills and experience, in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer!
- Starting salary £40,876 plus company pension
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus the chance to buy more!
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- The chance to make a positive difference to the citizens of Hertfordshire in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you want to work to with us to improve the lives of those who need it the most, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter!
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.