Team Leader - Central Ticket Office - 1876998
- Job Reference: 1876998
- Date Posted: 7 June 2021
- Employer: Greater Manchester Police
- Location: Greater Manchester
- Salary: £23,817 to £26,016
- Sector: Law enforcement & Security, Law
- Job Type: Full Time
The Central Ticket Office deal with the vast proportion of traffic offences that are committed in Greater Manchester. They play a vital role in keeping the roads of Greater Manchester safe by prosecuting those that commit offences on the roads.
The Central Ticket Office manages the administration of fixed penalties and traffic offence reports. It also handles prosecutions of offenders who fail to comply with the Road Traffic Act and administers offers of driver education. The unit has four team leaders and up to thirty staff. Also based at the Central Ticket Office are the Camera Technicians, who oversee the operation of Greater Manchester's speed cameras on behalf of the GM Casualty Reduction Partnership.
We are looking for someone to effectively supervise and manage CTO Staff processing service necessary to progress Notices and Prosecutions. Oversee all processes in respect of fixed penalty offences and prosecutions, ensuring that legislative requirements are met.
This role is based at Hyde Police Station and some of the main duties are:
• To engage in regular meetings with the Central Ticket Office Manager and other Team Leaders regarding workload, preparation of staff rotas and specific queries.
• To be responsible for a designated team and provide cover for other Team Leaders ensuring flexibility and resilience as may occasionally be required.
• To provide support to other teams as and when required in order to ensure the overall efficiency of the office.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further details regarding the skills required to do this role. The Job Description has been signposted to indicate at which stage of the process each criteria will be tested.
The role although busy will be rewarding for the right applicant.
Greater Manchester Police is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workforce reflective of the communities we serve and would welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds.