Join us as a Team Leader in Planning and Performance Team
- This role will see you providing timely, reliable and insightful financial support that will drive senior and executive financial and commercial discussions
- We'll look to you to bring the full weight of your analytical expertise to a fast paced, collaborative environment
- You’ll gain great stakeholder exposure as well as a platform to progress your career with us
What you'll do
As a Team Leader, you’ll be providing flexible, world class financial insight and decision support across a range of franchise initiatives. These will include budgeting, forecasting, strategy reviews, investment appraisals as well as monitoring the performance across the revenue streams of multiple customer products. You’ll also provide periodic reporting including financials, hierarchy, validation and report structuring, and deliver regular reporting on balance sheets and profit and loss.
Your role will also involve driving a team to work with the business-wide stakeholders to identify best practices, and provide input to the implementation of common methodologies, tools and techniques.
Through the course of your work you’ll be:
- Delivering consistent, timely and business focused MI
- Supervising a group of employees to achieve goals and you will operationally contribute to success of the team
- Influencing cost management decisions through your commercial and financial expertise
- Delivering finance initiatives and projects, drawing actionable business insights from these and developing solutions to meet business needs
- Providing commentary to explain data movements and the outlook for the future periods, along with revenue forecasts
- Developing and maintaining professional, effective relationships with customers, stakeholders and employees at all levels
- Providing training and coaching to less experienced colleagues
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need a relevant qualification in accountancy or equivalent experience in a comparable field. You’ll also have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise, non-technical manner and a proven track record of working both from your own intuitive and as part of a team.
Analytical skills are a must for this role, and you’ll bring this and an enquiring nature along with excellent problem solving capabilities.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Experience in a business analytical environment and the financial services
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and modelling
- The ability to understand multi-banking products
- Good commercial and business acumen
- Good planning and organisational capabilities, and the ability to work in a flexible environment
- Stakeholder management skills including building and influencing relationships