Are you passionate about the STEM agenda, have a strong awareness across existing initiatives and want to use your networking skills and project management experience to deliver a coordinated provision of STEM support within Blaenau Gwent Schools? This could be the role for you.
Funding has been secured through the Welsh Government (Tech Valley) to deliver a pilot project (initially) which is centred on a co-ordinated programme of STEM support, within Blaenau Gwent based schools, raising aspiration and preparing pupils for their journey into the world of work.
Through a strong partnership approach and drawing on existing STEM initiatives and provision, the project will seek to develop skills and raise awareness of future employment opportunities amongst children, young people and the wider community; to positively engage them and ultimately increase aspiration.
To specifically oversee and deliver this new project, we have an exciting opportunity within our Regeneration team for the right individual who can demonstrate awareness of STEM, strong communication skills, and passion and drive to deliver change through a locally coordinated, partnership approach.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering similar initiatives, working in comparable settings and with a passionate interest in this area of work.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Co-ordinate the development and manage the implementation of business cases/plans associated with relevant Regeneration project(s) (STEM Facilitation), ensuring all potential options are thoroughly evaluated, monitor the associated budgets and oversee the day to day operational activity.
- Oversee the delivery of an effective range of support services and projects to customers (e.g. schools, pupils, parents and business) in Blaenau Gwent, to include externally funded schemes; monitoring of associated budgets and performance measures.
- Lead the development and co-ordination of support for local customers to access identified regeneration opportunities, working with relevant stakeholders to avoid duplication, develop new and innovative approaches; and optimise impact of service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key Regeneration Programmes including Tech Valley, specifically on projects to address supply and demand issues relating to employment and skills.
- Manage the development of local support networks, encouraging co-operation, collaboration, innovation and economic growth, monitoring impact and making recommendations on potential opportunities and future delivery.
- Provide management and direction to staff within the relevant team.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Closing Date: 28.01.21
Interview Date: February 2021