Team Leader Survivability
We are looking for a Team Leader (Survivability) to join the Weapons Science Group, which is part of Applied Science. Our teams are critical to providing advice and the assessment of platforms and weapons systems from long range missiles to small arms pistols and defensive aids systems. The role will require a good technical knowledge of at least one of the areas detailed above.
This is a key role and you will lead the Survivability team of specialists. The Survivability Team provides platform and building protection expertise spanning a broad range of technologies including; threat sensing and countermeasures, defensive aids systems, armour systems, vehicle stopping technologies as well as maritime survivability modelling and building structural assessments.
The role will be based at our Rosyth or Farnborough site but will involve management of personnel across both sites.
- Ensure that customers' requirements and tasks are fully understood and that problems and issues are reliably identified at the outset. Take a proactive approach to Customer relationships.
- Provide support to the Bid Managers and Solution Leads in the construction of work programmes, including their costing and scheduling.
- Responsible for developing capability in their team in line with the requirements of the business as defined by the Head of Discipline and the Group Leads.
- Encourage an open and honest business assurance culture, contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the various technical areas covered by the Survivability team.
- Broad knowledge and experience of survivability aspects especially regarding land and maritime platforms and dismounted troops.
- Technical experience in one or more areas of Survivability such as optical sensing and countermeasures, defensive aids systems, armour, vehicle stopping systems.
- A suitably-recognised physical science or engineering qualification at a degree level or an equivalent, nationally recognised, professional qualification
- Apply areas of specialist Survivability knowledge to identify opportunities and to bid and deliver innovative solutions to customers.
- Ability to challenge poor behaviours and make corrective changes in their team and across other teams. Demonstrate good interpersonal, influencing, analytical and team working skills.
- A strong ethos on the importance of safety, operational efficiency and project delivery.
Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today? Click 'Apply' and we will be in touch shortly to discuss.