Salary: Competitive salary plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Four Ashes, Staffordshire, WV10 7DF
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who's just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What you'll be doing;
- Assist the Senior Environmental Engineer to manage the Environmental and Quality systems, implement and monitor the day to day requirements in 3 Energy Recovery Facilities (ERFs)
- Support the ERF management team in meeting their obligations with respect to environmental monitoring and reporting
- Ensure reports are produced as required under the Environmental Permit and other regulations and liaise with and manage third-party contractors for the delivery of the environmental monitoring programme
- It is a multisite role, it will require travel to different sites - there may be occasions when overnight stays will be required
What we're looking for;
- Understanding of regulations covering industrial processes, emissions, Industrial Emissions Directive, Environmental Permitting and Waste Management
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Positive, flexible approach to duties with ability to use initiative, solve problems and to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with persons at all levels
- Willingness to work flexible hours and tasks as required by the position
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Intermediate level IT skills with excellent spreadsheet abilities
- Current driving licence
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.