Technical and Contracts Administrator
AESAS RNAS Yeovilton, Heathcote Rd, Yeovil BA22 8HT
Full time, 38 hours
Having been awarded the contract to provide Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services (AESAS) at Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS) Yeovilton and Culdrose, we're continuing our strong working relationship across both these sites in supporting the Royal Navy's Merlin and Wildcat Helicopter Forces. And as our Aircraft Senior Supervisor, this individual will play a key role in helping us do that.
The Technical Administrator shall manage all administration tasks related to contractual administration activities and commitments.
The Technical Administrator shall manage all tasks but not limited to the maintaining, coordinating, and controlling technical and training records.
They will fulfil the duties in accordance with the Serco Unit Manual, Local Operating Procedures (LOPS), individual Work Instructions and the Serco Management System (SMS). Be responsible for the maintenance of accurate records for Sickness and Holiday including reporting to MyHR in accordance with the relevant SMS policy and procedure. Carry out administration and recording of employee expenses and advances weekly into SAP. Be responsible for all aspects of purchasing including: One Card purchasing, purchase orders and requisitioning as required, maintaining accurate records and ensuring all purchasing processes are followed in accordance with SMS and local procedures. To have the ability to work a day's routine or a shift pattern in accordance with the Customer and operational requirements. Other tasks within their capability are carried out as directed by the Serco Senior Supervisor (ASE)
What you need to do the job:
- Must have 3 years' experience in administration/industry airworthiness environment equivalent
- Appropriate experience within an administrative office-based function.
- A thorough and working knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel and Word. Access and Systems Applications and Products (SAP). Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
- Completed or the ability to complete a Human Factors Course.
- Good people management experience
- A good capability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining administration outputs
What we offer
- £21,500 - £22,500 per annum
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.