The Technical Architect is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the technical architecture of an organisation. They must ensure that the architecture is in line with the organisation's business objectives and meets the needs of its users. The Technical Architect must have a deep understanding of the organisation's technology stack and be able to identify and implement solutions to any technical issues. They must also be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and other technical staff to ensure that the architecture is implemented correctly. The Technical Architect must also be able to identify and implement new technologies and processes to improve the organisation's efficiency and effectiveness.
What you will be doing:
- work closely with stakeholders to understand business needs and technical requirements
- create and maintain software architecture and design documentation
- identify technical challenges and propose solutions to address them
- collaborate with the development team to ensure high-quality code and adherence to best practices
- conduct code reviews and provide feedback to developers
- participate in the development process, including coding, testing, and deployment
- stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- provide technical leadership and guidance to the development team
- identify opportunities for process improvement and propose solutions
What we are looking for:
- technical subject matter expert.
- demonstrable experience in contributing to the delivery of technical programmes of work.
- extensive career background within IT, with recent experience in an Infrastructure Specialist or Technical Architect role.
- In-depth understanding of technology in key areas such as Microsoft (365/Exchange/Azure/M365/AD), Cloud, Citrix, Cyber Security.
- experience with software design patterns and architectural frameworks (e.g. MVC, SOA, microservices)
What's in it for you?
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You'll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.