AESAS RNAS Yeovilton, Heathcote Rd, Yeovil BA22 8HT
Full time, 38 hours
Having recently been awarded the contract to provide Aircraft Engineering Support and Airfield Services (AESAS) at Royal Naval Air Stations (RNAS) Yeovilton and Culdrose, we're continuing our strong working relationship across both these sites in supporting the Royal Navy's Merlin and Wildcat Helicopter Forces. And as our Aircraft Senior Supervisor, this individual will play a key role in helping us do that.
Working from the Yeovilton site, The Technical Coordinator is to carry out administrative activity in support of tasks to deliver the operational capability for the Off-Aircraft Engineering activities for RNAS Yeovilton as part of the AESAS contract.
To ensure that all off aircraft documentation is to the required standard and complies with current engineering policy, Serco policy and iaw JAMES.
To have the ability to work a day's routine or a shift pattern in accordance with the Customer and operational requirements.
What you need to do the job:
To be considered for this role you must have 5 years' experience in military/industry airworthiness environment equivalent.
A thorough and good working knowledge of the following:
- To have at least 3 years' experience in an off-aircraft Documentation role
- To have the ability to hold be suitably qualified to be authorised to Level F iaw Brd767
- Completed a Maintenance Human Factors Course.
- An understanding and proven experience of Airworthiness Engineering Safety and Compliance iaw Regulatory and Legislative requirements (MAA and MAOS).
- Good people management experience
- A good capability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining operational outputs
What we offer:
- £25,000 - £26,500 per annum
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A safe and supportive culture
- Interesting and enjoyable work
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).