Join us as a Technical Compliance Manager, Fire Safety Specialist
- This key role will see you providing technical expertise to make sure we’re meeting our legal, health and safety building obligations, covering all areas of technical compliance and building fabric
- You’ll be contributing to the development, implementation and review of technical strategies, policies and standards, particularly in the area of fire safety
- You’ll gain excellent recognition as you become the bank’s expert in all areas of fire safety to leaders and external stakeholders, including regulators, advisory bodies and suppliers
What you'll do
In this critical role, you’ll be making sure that our workplace environment and infrastructure operates as needed to meet our standards and ensure life safety. You’ll be helping to develop, manage and implement strategy, standards and guidance within policy framework, while also monitoring the compliance of our property portfolio to statutory regulations.
Other key aspects of your role will involve:
- Helping to build, manage and maintain end-to-end controls to identify gaps to mitigate the risk to life safety of our colleagues and customers and protect the business continuity and reputation
- Managing the supply chain to ensure expected standards of contractual delivery, and identify threats to the delivery of life safety inspections
- Helping to provide expert advice to the bank on fire safety risk management, providing leaders with relevant information, reports and escalation of risk based concerns
- Developing and maintaining fire safety standards and end-to-end controls that delivers a compliant and effective property estate
- Making sure the condition of our property estate is understood and providing advice on the prioritisation of investment to meet our obligations regarding safety, resilience and environmental performance
The skills you'll need
To excel in this role, you’ll need to be qualified to degree level in an appropriate technical discipline and be a member of an appropriate fire safety professional institution. You’ll bring working knowledge of technical legislation, law, health and safety practices and you’ll have the experience to challenge decisions and provide difficult messages.
You’ll have specific knowledge and experience in fire safety to become our expert in this area and so that we can appoint you as the bank’s Fire Safety Officer. You'll also ideally hold a level 4 certificate or diploma in Fire Safety.
We’ll also need you to have:
- A background in all property related compliance activities such as mechanical and electrical and building fabric condition
- An understanding of property related issues, compliance disciplines, risk management, and hard and soft services across facilities management environments
- Supplier contract and relationship management experience
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- The ability to prioritise activities based on an assessment of importance, risk and appetite