Job Title: Technical Lead - Shock Testing Facility
Location: Rosyth, UK
About the role
We are looking for a driven and dynamic individual to join our Shock Testing Team in Roysth as a Technical Lead.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to lead shock testing trials from the initial customer engagement, through bidding, trials delivery and reporting with the support of the existing team.
What will I be doing?
Customer liaison and bid winning:
- Liaison with the customer to fully understand test requirements, scope and deliverables
- Responsible for all aspects of the technical delivery of the trial, including the production of the technical delivery plan.
- As QinetiQ's lead practitioner in shock experimentation provide support to colleagues and clients.
- Deliver world-class shock test capabilities.
- Operate and maintain the Shock facility and associated capability, directing the day to day tasking of the Facility Operator, technician and apprentice associated with the shock facilities.
What do I need?
We are looking to speak to individuals with a track record in shock testing with demonstrable experience in running trials, data acquisition, data processing and reporting with strong personal skills to add to a team and facility well known for their excellent customer satisfaction.
You'll also need experience in some of the following areas:
- IOSH Managing Safely (will be funded to undertake if not already held)
- Experience in planning and conducting shock tests (Highly desirable)
- First degree in a relevant engineering discipline or an equivalent level gained through experience.
- Professional registration (or actively working towards)
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance.
What's in it for me?
- All testing complete on-site
- Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30 (Average working week)
- Support towards professional accreditations (e.g. IOSH)
- Company Pension Contribution up to 10.5%
- Performance Related Bonus
- Career progression across a diverse global organisation.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.