Join us as a Technical Lead
- If you have a keen eye for detail, this could be the role for you, as you’ll make sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing
- You’ll make sure decisions made are based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
- Joining us in this fast-paced role, you'll have excellent opportunities for progression and developing your analyst capabilities
What you'll do
As a Technical Lead, you’ll be assisting the feature team to define testable work that is technically robust, high performing, stable and secure, and ensures excellent customer experiences and outcomes. Promoting continuous improvement, you’ll identify opportunities to maximise the customer experience and reduce the test cycle time by improving techniques, tooling, eliminating waste and creating a collaborative, proactive approach to quality in the feature team.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Supporting your Quality Manager and team in executing against the test strategy and quality by determining and advising which tests should be automated at which layer
- Working in conjunction with quality automation specialists in writing automated tests and analysing the results
- Executing tests on a continuous basis triggered automatically by change events and minimising the execution time for the automated tests in order to obtain quick feedback
- Understanding the customer and human centric designs and driving the quality of the teams work to constantly improve the solutions and enhance customer experiences
- Making sure defects are detected and prioritised, based on impact, and resolved at the earliest possible moment ensuring customer outcomes are delivered right first time
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with proven application of testing methodologies, including a range of Agile testing methods such as test driven development and behaviour driven development.
You'll need at least 10 years of experience in manual, automated and performance testing, and strong experience of maintaining and managing the Silk Suite of test tools as well as HP tools.
Additionally, we’ll be looking for:
- Experience of integrating Silk tools with other tools such as Jenkins and Jira
- A good understanding of SQL database schemas, tables and queries
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs
- Good knowledge of service desk tools such as Jira SD and ServiceNow
- Practical experience of testing ideas, products, designs, planning and execution
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills