Technical Operations Manager
- Job Reference: 00002075-1
- Date Posted: 23 January 2020
- Employer: Telefónica S.A.
- Website: https://www.o2.co.uk
- Location: Bury, Manchester
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
Technical Operations Manager - Tesco Mobile
Please note location can be Leeds, Bury, Welwyn Garden City or Slough
Technical Operations Manager - Tesco Mobile
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 (Telefonica UK) and Tesco. Launched in 2003 it has grown rapidly to become the UK`s largest MVNO with a customer base of 5.0m (2018) and 99% network coverage in the UK. We have an award winning customer care service and in 2016 won "Best Value Pay Monthly", "Best PAYG Network" and "High Street Retailer of the year" at the uSwitch Awards.
About The Team
The Operations Team is a cross-functional team, comprising of a combination of both Tesco and Telefonica UK people who combine to ensure a robust business support model which covers five primary functions. Network Operations, Supply Chain, Joint Venture, Supplier Management and IT Service Management.
About The Role
The role will report into the Head of the Technical Operations Team. You will support the IT Service Management Hosting and Monitoring Strategies, working closely with key internal stakeholders, supporting the performance of key systems/services. This will involve working alongside JV partners, external suppliers/vendors and the Tesco Mobile in-house DevOps Team. You will provide technical and monitoring support for projects and associated Run & Operate activities which impact the key Tesco Mobile Customer Journeys. You will work with the internal team to provide application level support & recommendations for various internal ITSM Tools. This will involve working with the wider ITSM team in the following areas:
• Service Monitoring
• Technical Support
• Hosting Support
• Knowledgebase Management & Configuration
• Working with the internal and external development teams to manage and evolve the in-house Service Monitoring Programme across all key Tesco Mobile systems, services and suppliers.
• Ensure that key system architecture is documented, mapped and managed across data flows and that strict monitoring is in place via either connectivity flows or Customer Journeys
• Support the performance of the TM hosting infrastructure, this will be a combination of on-premise and cloud environments. Experience with managing a cloud environment would be preferable.
• Support the performance of the cloud environment, working with hosting providers to ensure that the latest software & security patches and software upgrades are applied
• Support the Business Owner with the development of in-house ITSM Tools, license procurement, liaising with 3rd party suppliers and the Tesco Mobile Commercial team.
• Support the Business Owner with managing the design, configuration and support of the in-house ITSM Tools within IT Service Management.
Knowledgebase Management & Configuration
• Develop, maintain and govern the internal ITSM Knowledge base
• Support the delivery of the ITSM strategy for the launch of the knowledge base across the business
Essential Skills & Experience
• A motivated self-starter able to work within a small team environment and has the ability to manage personal workloads, with an aptitude for innovative thinking
• Experience of working with Stakeholders at multiple levels. Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate Service Management strategies across the business
• A good understanding of IT Infrastructure platforms, service/system components, IT design & development with good knowledge of data flows
• A good knowledge of hosting environments (particularly cloud based, ideally experience with AWS and/or MS Azure)
• Strong technical capability, able to support the Operations Service Desk Team at second line support level
• Some experience with Application & Software development - knowledge of JIRA/Confluence
• Knowledge of service monitoring tools - Opsview, SPLUNK or similar technologies would be desirable
• Knowledge and/or qualification of ITIL
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its community model.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future