Join us as an Apprentice
- Join our apprenticeship programme, where you'll be completing an externally accredited programme, IT and Telecommunications Level 6 and Level 8 Modern apprenticeship which will take you up to 24 months to complete both programmes and will set you up with excellent career prospects
- Joining our cutting-edge Technology function, you'll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- Along with valuable exposure to a wide array of technologies, you'll be perfectly positioned to develop your IT skills, gain qualifications, and build your professional profile
- You'll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- You'll start with us in October 2021
What you ll do
Taking on an apprentice role could be a fantastic starting point or change for your career. You'll receive support every step of the way, with guidance, training and mentoring to help you reach your full potential. Your line manager will set you up with goals and an individual learning plan, to help you to complete professional qualifications or technical training that you'll need to be successful in your role.
Once established in the programme, we'll look to you, to support other new apprentices, using your experience to guide and support them. Our apprenticeships cover a wide range of areas including IT systems and Networking, Security, Software and Web Development.
- Work with various teams, systems and applications and the work you do will drive significant technology change
- Work in a hands on, analytical, or project based environment, depending on your skills and interests
The skills you ll need
We're looking for a strong communicator with the ability to build great working relationships. You'll be a good problem solver, with an added ability to think analytically and logically and adapt well to change. Crucially, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and high levels of determination, motivation and drive to succeed.
You'll also need:
- A keen interest in technology
- Excellent communication skills
- A great eye for detail
- Motivated with a passion for driving customer-focused change
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not necessary to start with us as an apprentice. If you didn't manage to achieve the desired grades or cannot provide evidence of your qualifications, then we will help you to attain them during your apprenticeship.
This role involves working a rotational shift pattern, further details will be shared at Interview.
How we ll reward you
You'll join on a competitive salary of £19,125 and in addition you'll receive money to help you save for retirement.
You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You ll have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days - you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.