About the role
You'll have the opportunity to deliver part of a real project, enabling you to develop your programme skills, such as influencing business partners, managing complicated plans and communicating effectively within technical programmes of work. You'll work with technology specialists across the globe, learn on the job and be supported to give you great skills and experience.
No two days are the same in our Technology team. You could be planning the rollout of our new checkouts to 2000+ stores, co-ordinating the development of a new payroll system or working on the development of brand-new mobile apps for our customers. Technology continues to change the face of retail and ours leads the way.
You will be responsible for
During your paid, 10-week programme you'll be at the heart of our decision making, planning and co-ordinating the development and/or deployment of technology solutions in a safe and sustainable way. You'll work collaboratively with multiple teams across the business to find the best solutions for our customers, including communicating, planning and delivering them effectively. You'll ensure our solutions align to strategic goals, manage risks, create plans and track progress, working with software engineers and partners.
A successful internship with us can guarantee your place on our Technology Programme graduate programme when you graduate - before you've even started your final year of study!
You will need
On track for a 2.2. Degree and in your penultimate year.
We're looking for interns with a strong technical understanding, a drive to take on complex projects and a passion for clear, effective communication and problem-solving. You'll enjoy working as part of a team, be a great communicator and enjoy delivery and fast-paced change. We want our interns to have an enthusiasm for technology and an appetite to take on our biggest challenges.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.