Arcus FM are recruiting a Technology Solutions Director to lead a specialist function in the development, marketing and sales of our technology product offering, establishing the Technology function as a critical part of our business growth.
The role involves overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of advanced BMS, IoT and Technology solutions, ensuring they are scalable and provide maximum value to Arcus and our clients. You will also be required to expand and build the BEMS business as a design, installation and maintenance provider for BMS, Controls and IoT solutions to complement and extend Arcus' bureau and service offerings. Other duties include;
- Develop and deliver the BEMS and IOT hardware strategies to achieve the business and growth plans, designing and implementing the changes required to support these strategies.
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership to cross-functional teams, including software developers, engineers, and data scientists, to drive the development and deployment of BMS and IoT solutions.
- Develop and deliver the operational model to support the optimisation of resources and service delivery.
- Drive improvements in efficiency and effectiveness through optimisation of technology, resource deployment, systems and processes.
- Engage positively with stakeholders and prospective clients to understand their aspirations for the service and convert this into operational delivery.
- Keep updated with PESTE changes within the industry to support improved offerings for clients, increased efficiencies and cost savings.
- Drive R&D initiatives to explore new technologies and innovative solutions that can enhance our BMS, Technology and IoT offerings.
- Be responsible for delivery of divisional target in-year results and optimisation of future year's financial outcomes.
- Provide insight into financial performance - highlighting risks and providing solutions/mitigation to those risks.
- Be a brand ambassador for BEMS and Arcus both internally and externally. Provide authentic leadership to your colleagues across the business. Be regularly involved in networking, events, media communications and colleague engagement activities to underpin this.
- Be responsible for the business plan contribution of external growth in your business area with support from the New Business team as required.
- Sign off commercial bid terms for new business with responsibility for delivering them to budget.
This is a leadership role, in which you will be required to create an environment where the team is motivated and challenged to drive continual improvement, agreeing, and delivering clear objectives. You'll also foster a culture of technical excellence and HSQE compliance within BEMS and Arcus through the auditing of services delivered and advising the L&D and HSQE teams.
It will also be important to collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to define requirements, architect innovative BMS, IoT and Technology solutions, and ensure they align with business objectives and industry best practice, while developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate hardware provider partners to ensure the sustainable relevance and agility of the BEMS / Arcus end to end technology solution.
The successful candidate will have a track record of successfully delivering BMS and/or hardware IOT installation services within the FM industry or similar business, and proven experience in designing, developing, and implementing BMS, IoT and Technology solutions. Other requirements include;
- Relevant technical qualification with a commitment to personal CPD or similar to stay a recognised subject matter expert in the technology field.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate complex business ideas.
- Highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change and results focused.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions under pressure.
- Commercial awareness with an eye for seeing business improvement opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence at both peer level and above.
- Ability to lead and motivate a remote senior team and work collaboratively with peers on a joint strategy with individual but linked objectives.
- Self-motivated and able to drive change.
When you join us, you'll receive:
- Salary: £90,000 - £110,000
- TBC Car Allowance
- TBC% bonus, subject to achievement of targets
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Group personal pension scheme of matched contributions between 5% and 6%
- Life Assurance
- Funded Training Sponsorship Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Up to 10% off B&Q/ Trade Point
- 20% off Nuffield Fitness and Wellbeing Centres
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, and apply today by clicking on the 'apply' button.
If you are successful, we will undertake standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes employment referencing, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment.